1. SHAUN (28, light brown hair, muscular, European) lies on a cot, wearing his scrubs. His pager goes off.
2. He pulls himself up.
3. He walks down the hall, looking at TAMMY (32, dark haired, small, Middle Eastern).
Shaun: Is it possible to get any sleep around here?
Tammy: Not if you're a nurse.
4. Shaun rolls his eyes.
5. He heads into a room, where a doctor stands over a patient who's bleeding profusely.
Doctor: Shaun. Good.
1. Shaun puts on his gloves.
Shaun: What happened?
Doctor: Car crash. Bad one too. We're going to try to keep him alive, but I don't think we'll be too lucky.
2. Shaun starts hooking the guy up to the machinery while the doctor wipes him down.
Shaun: What kind of injuries?
Doctor: Comatose, brain contusion, shattered, clavicle, skull, forearms, fractured ribs, imbedded glass, slashes, and cuts.
3. Shaun looks at him pitiably.
Shaun: Amazing he's still alive.
4. The doctor start sewing up some of the cuts.
Doctor: Speaking of l