Opose Issue 8Page 1
1. Shaun, Carson, and Sebdo run through the white forest as fast as they can, Shaun in the lead, and Carson very much lagging behind. The crying continues through the forest, rustling the leaves on the trees.
1. Bones crunch under Carson's feet.
2. He falls, his eyes going wide.
3. He lands in the bones, forcing some of the smaller vertebra and finger bones into the air with his momentum.
4. He turns, trying to get himself up, disgusted and afraid.
5. His eyes go wide.
1. There is a white box stuck in one of the trees, it seems to be empty but it has long slits in it, making it like an oversized harmonica.
2. Carson stares at it, trying to figure out what it is.
3. The wailing gets louder as the leaves around him are picked up and blown away, exposing more of the bones.
4. Carson smiles oddly.
5. He starts to climb the white tree.
1. Shaun and Sebdo keep running.
2. Sebdo looks over his shoulder.
3. Shaun stops, letting Sebdo catch up t
Opose Issue 7Page 1
1. Carson and Shaun run through the whiteness, Shaun carrying Sebdo on his strong back.
2. Ceane run after them.
We have to cover him up!
With what, exactly?
3. They keep running, the Ceane gaining on them.
1. A white forest stands in the distance, it's shadows long in the height of the white sun.
2. Shaun and Carson duck into the trees.
3. The Ceane are not stopped by this, they follow the group in.
4. Carson turns right, leaving Shaun and Sebdo.
1. Shaun turns, rushing around a tree.
2. A branch cuts a gash in his hajib.
3. He continues to run, but cannot see Carson anywhere.
4. An arm pops out of a cloud of whiteness.
1. Shaun dives into the thickets of some white shrubs, joining Carson, who'd pulled off his hajib and is breathing heavily.
Are we really safe in here?
How would I know?
2. Shaun turns, checking out the loopy Sebdo, who rests against the dark stalk
Opose Issue 6Page 1
1. The King, TINO, looks down at Carson and Shaun.
Tino: Ah, so you are the two that Lourst spoke of? The prophecy?
2. Carson bends down on one knee, his head down. Shaun watches him bow not sure of how respectful he should be.
Carson: We are the ones that Lourst spoke of, but we are not of any prophecy.
3. Carson glares up at Shaun without moving.
4. Shaun bows as well, kneeling beside Carson.
Tino: Not the prophecy? But, how can this be? You are two mortals from the waking world, yes?
Carson: Yes, your majesty.
6. Tino looks at them, old, tired, and sad.
Tino: And one of you has been here before?
Carson: Yes, that was me.
Tino: One of you is a great healer?
Carson: Yes, sir.
1. Tino rubs his temples, working out a headache.
Tino: Then you sound to be those described.
2. Carson bows his head even deeper.
3. Tino waves over a few servants that stand in the corner, holding heavy bolts of fabric and metal.
Tino: Then you must save us. It is your duty to fate.
4. The servant
Opose Issue 5Page 1
1. Shaun carries Carson through the capital, looking around in wonder. There are dirt roads and a lot of small shops made up of carts and wooden tables. People rush about, wearing their hajibs and other kinds of headscarves loosely, not worried about hiding their skin.
2. Carson points into the center of the square. There is a large platform there with a thick wooden column in the center which is littered with flyers.
Carson: There, that's where we should go to wait.
3. There are a few chairs on the platform, the oldest of the green people sitting in a few. Shaun carries Carson up to them.
4. He sets Carson down in one of the chairs.
Shaun: Then what do we do?
Carson: We wait.
1. Shaun sits beside him.
Shaun: What are we waiting for?
Carson: Well, you're looking for Jess, right? If she's here she'll be pointed in the direction of the capital. This platform is where you wait for others. It's the easiest place in the city to find.
2. Shaun raises an eyebrow, not sure of wha
Opose Issue 4Page 1
1. Carson lies in the whiteness, covered in blood. Blood pools around him and there is a large, cumbersome piece of glass stuck in his side.
2. He opens his eyes; one of them is blood red on one side of the iris from shattered capillaries.
3. He sits upright, fast and jerky, alone in the white wasteland.
4. He grabs his head, wincing.
5. There is no one around for seemingly miles.
1. Carson takes off his handkerchief.
2. He ties it around his face, just under his eyes, so it covers all of his lower face.
3. He unrolls the sleeves of his plaid shirt.
4. He stands, his skin almost completely covered, as he looks around himself.
1. He looks down at the protruding piece of glass in his side.
2. His eyes go wide as he grabs it.
3. He winces, tears streaming down his face as he starts to pull.
4. More blood starts to stream from the wound, so he let's go of the glass.
5. He looks around once more, hearing the howling of the Ceane.
1. He jogs, wincing as he does, o
Opose Issue 3Page 1
1. Carson stands before the window, holding the blinds open with his fingers.
2. Shaun is outside, watering a few potted plants that he's put on the stairs.
3. He waves and smiles to Carson.
4. Carson stands on the stairs with Shaun, shoulders hunched, squinting in the sunlight.
Shaun: Good to see you outside.
Carson: Well, I'm working on it, aren't I?
5. Shaun smacks his hands, shaking the dirt off of them.
Shaun: You are and you're doing a great job.
1. Shaun looks up at Carson, standing upright.
Shaun: It's only been a month and already you can travel almost the entire town without holding onto me.
2. Carson crosses his arms, incredulously.
Carson: There's a "but" in there, isn't there?
3. Shaun shrugged.
Shaun: I was thinking maybe it's time you tried going to a different town and trying it out. Or a different place at least.
4. Carson leans back, resting on the closed door.
Carson: What were you thinking?
5. Shaun smiles, nervously.