oppose issue 15Page 1
1. Northro, Shaun, Carson, and Sebdo hide behind one of the burnt walls. The guards snoop around in the distance, closing in.
2. Northro bends down, kneeling on one knee, wiping what's left of a wood floor beneath him.
3. He grabs an iron handle.
4. He pulls it upward, revealing stairs going down into the darkness.
1. They climb down the stairs into darkness.
2. The door closes behind them.
4. Shaun flicks his lighter on in the darkness, letting them see their surroundings.
5. They are in an old basement with hearty stone walls, some roots growing through them. There is some burnt and ruined furniture, chairs and a table, a cot in a corner. Along one of the walls is a shelving unit full of jars.
1. Dust comes from the wooden ceiling as the creaking of footsteps comes from above them. They all look up.
2. Northro puts a finger to his lips, motioning for them all to be quiet. They all nod in agreement.
3. Sebdo sits on the floor near a wall, seemingly te
opose issue 14Page 1
1. A small crowd gathers around the guillotine in the early morning light.
2. Carson stands before the stage, just to the right of it, a heavy veil covering his eyes and his hajib covering the rest of him.
3. Shaun, similarly covered, stands in the back with a few guards.
1. The massive wooden door opens, seemingly on its own. Deepa stands in the doorway, elegantly dressed and much more modest than the day before. At her hand is Northro, dressed to match her.
2. The entire crowd bows down before her.
3. She walks by them, holding Northro's hand, keeping an eye on the respectful crowd.
4. Northro lets go of her hand so that she can go up the steps to the executing stage alone.
1. She looks over the crowd once more.
My people thank you so very much for joining me here on this day. Today we remove a traitor to our kingdom, from the world of Opose. It is also a much more important day than that.
2. Everyone listens carefully. Shaun looks up slightly.
Opose Issue 13Page 1
1. Guards rush out of the black palace.
2. Sebdo, Carson, and Shaun look back, having walked quite a distance back into the square.
1. The guards quickly surround them and Sebdo draws his wooden dagger, protecting himself. The three keep their backs to one another, keeping an eye on the guards.
You are under arrest by orders of Her Majesty. The charge is treason and spying. For your crimes you will be executed publicly in the morning.
2. The circle grows tighter.
3. Carson's eyes blaze as he stares at the guards, looking from one to the next.
We're not spies! We have committed no crime!
1. Guard 2 points at Sebdo with his ornate black sword.
He spoke of murdering her majesty and warning the king of Krona of her plans. Both are crimes against Her Majesty and all of Myrith!
2. The guards get closer to Sebdo. He sweats and thrusts his dagger, threatening the pointlessly.
3. A guard steps forward, blocking Sebdo's useless blade
Opose Issue 12Page 1
1. The sun rises over a dark capital, looking much like the first one, but this time more pointed, the walls black instead of white, and possibly double the size. The grass is no longer white, either, but a greyish brown.
2. Sebdo wakes up, half buried in the hay of the wagon bed.
3. He sits up, shaking the hay off of his coverings and wiping some off with his good arm.
4. He turns, looking over at the capital.
1. He shakes Carson, who lies beside him.
Hey, wake up! We're here!
2. Carson wakes up, groggy and not amused with being woken up.
3. Carson looks over at the capital as they drive towards it.
It's quite impressive.
4. Carson taps Shaun.
We're here, time to get up.
1. The wagon stops in front of the main gate. It's an old crotchety wagon that looks like it should fall apart at any moment. An old, bent Ness drives it, holding onto the reigns of a Sood, an animal somewhere be