Opose Issue 5Page 1
1. Shaun carries Carson through the capital, looking around in wonder. There are dirt roads and a lot of small shops made up of carts and wooden tables. People rush about, wearing their hajibs and other kinds of headscarves loosely, not worried about hiding their skin.
2. Carson points into the center of the square. There is a large platform there with a thick wooden column in the center which is littered with flyers.
Carson: There, that's where we should go to wait.
3. There are a few chairs on the platform, the oldest of the green people sitting in a few. Shaun carries Carson up to them.
4. He sets Carson down in one of the chairs.
Shaun: Then what do we do?
Carson: We wait.
1. Shaun sits beside him.
Shaun: What are we waiting for?
Carson: Well, you're looking for Jess, right? If she's here she'll be pointed in the direction of the capital. This platform is where you wait for others. It's the easiest place in the city to find.
2. Shaun raises an eyebrow, not sure of wha
Opose Issue 4Page 1
1. Carson lies in the whiteness, covered in blood. Blood pools around him and there is a large, cumbersome piece of glass stuck in his side.
2. He opens his eyes; one of them is blood red on one side of the iris from shattered capillaries.
3. He sits upright, fast and jerky, alone in the white wasteland.
4. He grabs his head, wincing.
5. There is no one around for seemingly miles.
1. Carson takes off his handkerchief.
2. He ties it around his face, just under his eyes, so it covers all of his lower face.
3. He unrolls the sleeves of his plaid shirt.
4. He stands, his skin almost completely covered, as he looks around himself.
1. He looks down at the protruding piece of glass in his side.
2. His eyes go wide as he grabs it.
3. He winces, tears streaming down his face as he starts to pull.
4. More blood starts to stream from the wound, so he let's go of the glass.
5. He looks around once more, hearing the howling of the Ceane.
1. He jogs, wincing as he does, o
Opose Issue 3Page 1
1. Carson stands before the window, holding the blinds open with his fingers.
2. Shaun is outside, watering a few potted plants that he's put on the stairs.
3. He waves and smiles to Carson.
4. Carson stands on the stairs with Shaun, shoulders hunched, squinting in the sunlight.
Shaun: Good to see you outside.
Carson: Well, I'm working on it, aren't I?
5. Shaun smacks his hands, shaking the dirt off of them.
Shaun: You are and you're doing a great job.
1. Shaun looks up at Carson, standing upright.
Shaun: It's only been a month and already you can travel almost the entire town without holding onto me.
2. Carson crosses his arms, incredulously.
Carson: There's a "but" in there, isn't there?
3. Shaun shrugged.
Shaun: I was thinking maybe it's time you tried going to a different town and trying it out. Or a different place at least.
4. Carson leans back, resting on the closed door.
Carson: What were you thinking?
5. Shaun smiles, nervously.
Opose Issue 2Page 1
1. Carson lies in bed, feverish, tossing and turning. Sweat stands on his forehead and cheeks and there's a metal bowl beside him.
2. Shaun sits on the edge of the bed, watching him. He holds a bowl of chicken noodle soup in one hand.
Shaun: Shh everything's going to be okay. This will all end soon.
3. He wipes the sweat off of Carson's brow with a damp washcloth.
Carson: You said that before.
4. Shaun looks down at the soup.
Shaun: Well, it's true.
5. Carson opens his eyes a bit, squinting at Shaun.
1. Shaun pulls a full spoonful of soup from the bowl.
Shaun: Sooner than you'd think.
2. He holds the spoon out to Carson, his free hand under it to catch any drips.Carspn looks at it, not wanting any.
Shaun: Now, open up.
Carson: What is it?
3. Shaun shrugs.
Shaun: Chicken noodle soup. Come on, you have to eat something.
4. Carson turns away from it, onto his side. He hunches his shoulders, his back the only thing showing.
Carson: I don't want it. I'll ju
Opose Issue 1Page 1
1. SHAUN (28, light brown hair, muscular, European) lies on a small hospital cot in semi darkness, wearing his scrubs. He glares at the pager on the pillow beside his head as it goes off.
2. He pulls himself up into a sitting position.
3. He walks down the hall, his pager in hand, looking at TAMMY (32, dark haired, small, Middle Eastern) as she walks in the opposite direction down the sterile hallway.
Shaun: Is it possible to get any sleep around here?
Tammy: Not if you're a nurse.
4. Shaun rolls his eyes.
5. He heads into one of the sterilized hospital rooms, where a doctor stands over a patient who's bleeding profusely from his neck and chest.
Doctor: Shaun. Good.
1. Shaun pulls on his latex gloves.
Shaun: What happened?
Doctor: Car crash. Bad one too. We're going to try to keep him alive, but I don't think we'll be too lucky.
2. Shaun starts hooking the patient up to a life support system while the doctor wipes him down, trying to get some of the blood cle