Mahjicke Chapter 12The small men dumped what was left of their bodies just in front of the main doors, where they had recently infiltrated with their disguises. At some point the one taking up the rear had gotten his small, gloved hands on a box and it had become filled with wires, nuts, and bolts.
The initial owner of these parts was dumped in the middle of the sidewalk, eyes shut and dead. Michael tried to keep his eyes off of the motionless body, but it was hard. This thing had been his friend and, even though it had betrayed them, he wanted it to be okay. He hoped that it wasn't entirely dead. He'd had computers break down and then get rebuilt, maybe Girgori would be the same way?
His mind was racing. The vision of that human heart erupting into his thoughts. He stared at James, who sat beside his old lovers mangled form, looking into the road. Not a part of him touched the shut down robot, he didn't want to even think about it's existence.
'The hell was that?" Michael gesticulated, his arms flying o
Moore Issue 17Page 1
1. Oisin writhes, trying to pull the blankets off of him in his sleep.
1. Eugene and Miranda look around the corner at him, Miranda looking terrified.
Miranda: Oh God, what are we going to do?
Eugene: I've heard of a sure fire way of getting the Mara off, but...
3. Miranda turns to him, grabbing through his lapels excitedly.
Miranda: Then we have to do it!
Eugene: Woah! It's not that easy!
4. Eugene sadly watches Oisin twist.
Eugene: Someone has to go into his mind, into the dream plane. There's no guarantee that they'll come back out.
1. Miranda pauses, thinking about this.
2. She looks at him, decided.
Miranda: Fine! Put me in there.
3. Eugene looks at her in surprise.
Eugene: What? Why?
4. Miranda walks into the room.
Miranda: He's done so much for me and I know that there's no way I can repay him otherwise. That and
5. She sits on the edge of the bed.
Miranda: Is it okay if it's because I love him?
1. Eugene smiles down at her.
Eugene: I think that