Opose Issue 17Page 1
1.A bunch of Canons live their everyday lives. They are all nude, but nothing is shown through their black ooze. Age is shown via the size of antlers on the head, but only men seem to grow them. The live much like a native forest tribe.
2. They look over as there is the crunch of breaking twigs in the forest, all stopping what they are doing.
3. Whiatis and Jess appear, stepping out of the forest into the town in the valley.
1. The eldest of the Canon, MEAROCK, his antlers adorned with silver leaves, steps forward, the only one moving in the tribe.
What is this? Whiatis, you have brought a human here.
2. Whiatis bows, their bowing having their legs straight but the bodies folded completely bent over, the palms pressed together behind them, against their backs.
Yes, O Mearock. Her name is Jess. She has just woken here.
3. Mearock studies Jess's face, holding her chin to get a better look. He is massive, almost twice her height.
4. Whiatis los
opose issue 16Page 1
1. The lights flash on the top of an ambulance. The sun starts to rise over Jess's apartment.
1. Shaun, Sebdo, Carson, and Northro stumble across the grey field, it being closer to black than it had been before. They are all extremely tired.
2. Some dark shapes walk around in the distance.
Great, I thought we'd be running into them soon.
3. Northro takes off his long jacket.
4. He flips it inside out.
5. He grabs the inseam and pulls it away from the exterior.
6. He puts it back on, but it now reveals something closer to a white and patterned burka.
1. They walk past a few Ness who graze unhappily. Some of them turn as they pass, trying to see if they are alive or not.
2. Northro, leading, looks over his shoulder to the others.
We're close to their territory now. They should be very plentiful.
3. They keep walking, perfectly safe from the pack.
1. They reach the top of a hill where no Ceane are.
2. Northro kneels before Sebdo.
oppose issue 15Page 1
1. Northro, Shaun, Carson, and Sebdo hide behind one of the burnt walls. The guards snoop around in the distance, closing in.
2. Northro bends down, kneeling on one knee, wiping what's left of a wood floor beneath him.
3. He grabs an iron handle.
4. He pulls it upward, revealing stairs going down into the darkness.
1. They climb down the stairs into darkness.
2. The door closes behind them.
4. Shaun flicks his lighter on in the darkness, letting them see their surroundings.
5. They are in an old basement with hearty stone walls, some roots growing through them. There is some burnt and ruined furniture, chairs and a table, a cot in a corner. Along one of the walls is a shelving unit full of jars.
1. Dust comes from the wooden ceiling as the creaking of footsteps comes from above them. They all look up.
2. Northro puts a finger to his lips, motioning for them all to be quiet. They all nod in agreement.
3. Sebdo sits on the floor near a wall, seemingly te
opose issue 14Page 1
1. A small crowd gathers around the guillotine in the early morning light.
2. Carson stands before the stage, just to the right of it, a heavy veil covering his eyes and his hajib covering the rest of him.
3. Shaun, similarly covered, stands in the back with a few guards.
1. The massive wooden door opens, seemingly on its own. Deepa stands in the doorway, elegantly dressed and much more modest than the day before. At her hand is Northro, dressed to match her.
2. The entire crowd bows down before her.
3. She walks by them, holding Northro's hand, keeping an eye on the respectful crowd.
4. Northro lets go of her hand so that she can go up the steps to the executing stage alone.
1. She looks over the crowd once more.
My people thank you so very much for joining me here on this day. Today we remove a traitor to our kingdom, from the world of Opose. It is also a much more important day than that.
2. Everyone listens carefully. Shaun looks up slightly.
Opose Issue 13Page 1
1. Guards rush out of the black palace.
2. Sebdo, Carson, and Shaun look back, having walked quite a distance back into the square.
1. The guards quickly surround them and Sebdo draws his wooden dagger, protecting himself. The three keep their backs to one another, keeping an eye on the guards.
You are under arrest by orders of Her Majesty. The charge is treason and spying. For your crimes you will be executed publicly in the morning.
2. The circle grows tighter.
3. Carson's eyes blaze as he stares at the guards, looking from one to the next.
We're not spies! We have committed no crime!
1. Guard 2 points at Sebdo with his ornate black sword.
He spoke of murdering her majesty and warning the king of Krona of her plans. Both are crimes against Her Majesty and all of Myrith!
2. The guards get closer to Sebdo. He sweats and thrusts his dagger, threatening the pointlessly.
3. A guard steps forward, blocking Sebdo's useless blade